We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
I have had many people ask me if I have an easy bone broth recipe. Actually, it is a simple process that takes no time at all. Bone broth can supply you with many nutrients and wonderful health benefits.
Making bone broth at home has been somewhat hard at times. When I first started to make it, I let it simmer in a pot for 24 hours. Yes, it worked-but my family complained about the smell throughout the house.
Luckily I got an Instant Pot for Christmas last year and it has been an ‘argument’ saver for sure!
So, why even invest in making bone broth? Well, there are many wonderful nutrients in this ‘liquid gold’. This fits perfectly with a keto/low carb diet. It is also a perfect ‘pick me up’ drink for someone achy and suffering from a cold.
Here are the major benefits of Instant Pot Chicken Bone Broth
- It has so much nutrition and plenty of protein and collagen.
- Collagen will help to reduce joint pain, protect your joints & it helps strengthen your bones.
- It is very healing due to all the nutrients, helping with inflammation.
- Inexpensive and simple to make.
- Bone broth will give you the nutrients needed to help your skin glow, renew and look more youthful.
- It improves muscle strength and helps the body with its own tissue repair.
- It can help heal inflammation in the gut.
- The broth contains all-natural nutrients ~ for instance, collagen, trace minerals, gelatin, plus anti-inflammatory amino acids.
- Contains nutrients like iron, vitamins A and K, fatty acids, selenium, zinc & magnesium
So by drinking it once a day, the broth is really giving your body much-needed nutrients. These vitamins, minerals, and collagen help your body to literally repair damage and fight inflammation. Plus, it tastes so good!
Bone Broth Is Perfect to break your fast with
As an intermittent faster, I like to break my fast with a nutritious cup of warm instant pot bone broth. It is a perfect beverage for your first food after fasting. I recommend warming it up in the microwave and adding some pink Himalayan salt to taste – perfect for these colder days!
Easy Homemade Instant Pot Bone Broth Recipe ~ Instant Pot
- Bones/carcass from chicken, turkey (any poultry), beef or pork.
- fresh herbs
- pink Himalayan salt
- any other fresh vegetables you would like
- experiment with different herbs and vegetables to make this recipe your own.
- place bones in instant pot. (I collect bones and vegetable scraps for a couple of weeks and keep them in the freezer in a zip-lock bag)
- cut-up vegetables and add to pot (leave peeling and leaves on)
- add your herbs and spices
- sprinkle in salt and pepper
- add 1-2 TBLS of Apple Cider Vinegar (with the mother)
- Cover bones and vegetables with water – just up to 1/2 inch above ingredients.
- Cover the Instant Pot & Seal
- Set on Manual High Pressure for 120 minutes. (it will have to come to pressure for 30 minutes before it begins to cook the 120 minutes)
When your broth is Finished Cooking
- Allow pressure to release naturally for 1/2 hour
- Once cooled to warm, strain the vegetables and bones from the broth and discard them.
- Then pour the broth into jars ( I use mason jars) and allow to cool before refrigerating or freezing (silicone ice cube trays make freezing easy)
- The broth should gel when cooled in the refrigerator.
As you can see, it is very easy to make homemade bone broth. I usually store the jars in the refrigerator and drink a warm cup daily. I also use the broth for chicken stew, soups and other recipes – so good!
Here is a video of my Easy Homemade Bone Broth Recipe
Easy Instant Pot Bone Broth Recipe
- Instant Pot
- 3-4 carrots use whole carrot
- 3-4 celery stalks use all of it
- 1-2 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar – "with the mother"
- add as desired Various seasonings (pepper, oregano, etc
- 1 whole onion cut in half – leave skin on
- 2 cloves garlic cut up
- fresh herbs of any kind experiment with different ones
- Bones, fat, skin, & cartilage from chicken (or any poultry) beef or pork. I prefer chicken collect bones and store in zip-lock back until needed
- water just enough to cover vegetables and bones in Instant Pot
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- Place bones in pot
- cut-up vegetables just enough so they can fit into the pot. Place them on the bones in the Pot.
- Add in spices and herbs.
- Add the Apple Cider Vinegar
- Cover ingredients with water – about 1/2 inch above.
- Cover and seal Instant Pot. Set to Manual High Presser. Then set time to 120 minutes.
Please let me know how your Easy Homemade Bone Broth turns out! 🙂
Update ~ Here is the finished product!